September 23, 2014 at 3:14 pm #835
SCCM 2007 deploys Internet Explorer 11 as an update. To deploy Internet Explorer 11 using SCCM 2007:
- Open the SCCM console
- Navigate to Site Database -> Computer Management
- Right click Collections
- Click New -> Collection (Next, NExt, Nect, etc…)
- Next create a D
- Navigate to Site Database -> Computer Management -> Software Updates
- Right click Deployment Templates and follow the wizard to create a deployment template for deploying IE 11 to the collection you created
- Navigate to Site Database -> Computer Management -> Software Updates -> Update Repository
- Right click Search Folders and create a new search folder to find the update you want to deploy (You can create a search folder criteria that lists the operating system you want to deploy IE 11 onto, for ease)
- Click on the newly created search folder
- In the Look for box, type the updates you want to deploy (Internet Explorer 11)
- Right click the updates to deploy and click Deploy Software Updates
- Accept the license for the updates and follow the wizard to deploy the updates to the collection you created using the deployment template you created (You have to create a new Deployment Package here, specifying a shared location that SCCM 2007 clients have access to)
If you want to deploy IE 11 to other PCs, simply open the SCCM console and add the PCs to the collection you created.
December 1, 2014 at 8:48 am #996
I’ve since found that the SCCM administrator has approved updates that supersede the patch that enables Enterprise Mode. Consequently IE 11 has been distributed without the Enterprise Mode patch.
Therefore a better way to deploy IE 11 with SCCM 2007 is to do so with a Task Sequence that deploys IE 11, then reboots, then deploys the IE 11 Enterprise Mode patch (KB3003057) and reboots again.
December 1, 2014 at 8:54 am #998
Also, as another option, you could prepare your IE 11 package for deployment using IEAK 11 😉
IEAK 11 lets you configure IE 11 the way you want it, then creates an MSI of IE 11 for you to deploy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.