By default, Windows 8.1 chooses US time and date formats, you can change this to display the day first, then the month. To change the time and date format in Windows 8.1:
- Click the clock in the bottom right corner
- Click Change date and time settings…
- On the Date and Time tab, click the Change date and time… button
- Click Change calendar settings
- Change the short date to dd/MM/yyyy so the day is first, then the month shows
Change any other date or time formats that you wish here. This will effect other programs running on Windows 8.1 that read the date time format settings in the operating system.